can i break in my blower this way?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slicey, Jun 5, 2005.

1. slicey

slicey LawnSite Member

bought a stihl bg85 blower. bummed me out when i found out i had to go through a break-in period. i can't see a reason why this would be a problem. start it up, secure from moving around and set throttle to half power position. run the unit the required # of tanks of gas. since this is my 1st 2-cycle power equipment product, i thought i would see what your thoughts on this subject might be.
    slicey

ps just could'nt help gunning it a few times on some leaves. holy moly, this thing can BLOW!

2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

How long is the break in?

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I say put 'er to work full tilt boogie. heck, it aint my blower!

GEO :waving:

4. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Ya, your first mistake was reading the directions that came with it HAHAHAHA
    Just get er done wide azzz open from the get-go

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Break in period?????

Hmmmm..................never read that far! :)

6. slicey

slicey LawnSite Member

manual not with me at the momment, but i believe it's for 2 or 3 tank's of gas! that's a long time when you only get one or two jobs per week!

7. slicey

slicey LawnSite Member

are you other characters for real? won't this screw up something? i've never owned 2-cycled anything before.
    slicey

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have never read the manuel for a weedeater or a blower. I just unpack them and go at it at full speed. Never had any problems caused by lack of break- in whatever you are talking about lol

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I may not run a new piece wide open for very long, but I dont baby it either. After about 30 minutes of use, I run all of the 2 cycle stuff wide open or however I need too. You purchased it to use it so use it , it has a warranty

10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

The only reason I ever open up the manuel is to learn to say something in french or spanish. Its a great learning tool, because the english version is there if you look for it long enough. I have always gone full throttle from the get go.