Can I Call Myself a Landscaper Now?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Darryl G, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Darryl~ wrong, wrong , wrong all wrong! You should have let a real rock shoveler, raker , scraper do it. Wherever it is that I once was, lawnboys tried to scape things. Your failure to completely excavate, eradicate and irriate the surround superficial, subsonic stratatanium will ultimately consume the nearby orphanage, nursing home and bunny farm. You really should have known better.

This post brought to you by Ambien, Starbucks and Nyquil.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like you might want to ad Lithium to that mix of meds, lol.

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Posted in homage to TS who seems to be MIA.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Darryl G

Yup, my experience too...your English is a little rough but I understand. There is no perfect driveway gravel/stone...some look better, some pack better, so grow more weeds, some resist washouts better, some give off more dust. They all require maintenance and that isn't included in the price of the installation. If I graded it wrong and there's a spot holding water, that's my fault and I'll fix it.

The last area I did on my property I used a base of 3/4 inch process granite and topped it with a thin layer of 3/8 inch clean granite (pea gravel). It looks nice and it stays in place nicely. The only problem is that you can't help but disturb pea gravel when you plow it because it freezes to the snow.

5. DaveyBlue32

DaveyBlue32 LawnSite Member

What happen to the edge of the driveway dog? A nice line with dirt where the dirt was would have been just a bit sharper looking? You cashed the check, and that's what matters I guess.

6. Darryl G

Temporary repair...they just wanted the driveway serviceable for now, so that was out of scope. I agree it looks a little funky.

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

did someone call you dog......ebonics at its best. werd

8. Darryl G

Actually I have some friends who call me "Darryl Dog" because I tend to bark a lot, so I wasn't offended.

Rurf!

9. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

If your not a "landscaper".......you sure are something :hammerhead:

You hand tamped all of that?!:weightlifter:

10. Darryl G

Yeah...well it wasn't worth bringing the tractor out (I can compact with the bucket pretty well), I don't have a plate compactor and it wasn't really worth renting one.