Can I do this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Husky, Aug 3, 2003.

1. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Can I run double blades with a mulch kit on or is that just a side discharge thing?,,, I mean the mower is 21HP...has anyone tried this,,,,

2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Been running a unit with less HP with mulch kit and doubles for a long time with great results.

3. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

really!!!! Great thanks rustic.....please guys I would like some advice,,,,and I would like to put this back up near the top for people to see

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I think it will depend what combination of doubles you're using. I tried gators over high lift and it had too much airflow and therefore clumped. Horsepower means nothing if we don't know the deck size.

5. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

the one im talking about is a 42" 21HP with mulch kit, I think when I come in contact with "floppy grass" ( I made that up) that it will eliminate the problem

what should i run underneath of this thing?

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Man that is more power than I'd know what do do with! What kind of blades are you running now? Try single high lift blades if you're currently using wavy mulchers. The more lift you have, the more often the deck will need cleaned out when mulching...

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Just curious, is this a Walker mower?

8. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

There has to be more insite than this...

9. Husky

Husky LawnSite Member

Nope its a Husqvarna

10. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Husky,
    Maybe you need to ask specifically what info you're wanting. I answered what I thought was your question was and you replied with what seems like sarcasm.
    Then later you ask again for more insight.
    You will find as many suggestions on combinations as there are blade types, and some swear by doubles and some dislike for various reasons. But all of this has been covered again and again and again . . . . . .
    May I suggest that you do some searches on this topic of doubles, there you will find all sorts of insightful posts. Really!!!:rolleyes: