1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Can i fit a 60"-61" mower on a 5 1/2ft wide Trailer???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DillonsLawnCare, Sep 11, 2008.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

can i fit a 60" or a 61" on a 5.5x10 Trailer??

i did some math, i may have done it wrong but here it is...

12"= 1ft

so 12 x 5.5= 66"

a 61" would probably be around 63-64" deck and all...

Did i do it right? will it fit?

Thanks

2. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Should not be a problem just put the discharge shoot up out of the way. My Exmark is only about 1" over the listed 60" deck size, same with all my mowers.

3. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Put a tape measurer on it.

4. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

will do. thanks for the replies!!!

5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your weight rating on your trailer too. Most manufacturers list the actual machine width on their literature and websites. Is the Toro you have going bye bye ?

6. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Your a lawnsite senior member and you ask this kind of question? This site gets more and more ridiculous everyday. I hope the 800+post that you have weren't giving advice as a senior member. :confused: Good math skills though.

7. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

no **** you cant think of measuring your mower on your own...............................

8. MJB

from Wa

Dillon is young and has asked a lot questions to learn the business. I don't think the last 2 posts are even necessary.

9. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

are you going 2 walk around and mow with him , he needs 2 do some thinking on his own ........... that was not a hard thing for a younger business owner 2 know ........................he needs to do some thinking on his own........:hammerhead:

10. MJB

from Wa

Did you know it all at 17 just starting to drive and running your own business?
    By todays standards most kids are playing video games and don't even want to hear that bad word work. So I say give him a break he's learning .