Can I get a JRCO spreader for under $600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shearbolt, Mar 12, 2002.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

Are there any dealers who sell them used or that cheap?

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have a Lesco near you? I had my mind set on a JRCO until I decided to go with the Lesco at $350.

3. shearbolt

2 hours away. How would I mount it on my Walker 48 GHS? I already have the JRCO bar.

4. I have both spreaders. I bought my jrco about 7 years ago. Frankly it is very heavy and just plain throws the material too far and uneven for usage on some residential properties.

I have the gate completely removed from the old jrco and now use it to top dress compost.

The lesco is a better, lighter, has better calibration control, and costs a lot less.

If Lesco had an online "store" at lawnsite.com it would be very easy for those not near a physical lesco location to purchase their products.

5. Lawn-Scapes

I bought a receiver like this http://www.lawnservicing.com/spread4/mount.htm for my Lazer from 4 Mower...

And I picked up a 2' piece of .. I forget 1 1/4"? square tubing and welded it to the bottom of the spreader.

It works fantastic... easy/fast on off.

I don't know if it'll work for you...

6. Lawn-Scapes

7. shearbolt

Thanks Tom. That spreader looks interesting too. The simple one foot control looks like a better set up than the lesco's manual gate.

8. shearbolt

Tom or Stone, did you change the gate system on the Lesco? I hear it's not the best set-up.

9. Lawn-Scapes

I didn't change it.. I haven't had a problem using the pull rope.

I think I remember LGF made some kind of a mod..

10. shearbolt

Thanks Tom. I'll do a search to try and find Godfathers thread.