1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Can I get all of this in a 8.5'x20' V-Nose?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by K&L Landscaping, Feb 29, 2012.

1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a chance to pick up a 8.5'x20' V-Nose for a great price but I was wondering if all of the following will fit:

2-Snapper Pro 61" ZTR's, 1-Snapper Pro SW30 61" walkbehind, 3- Toro 21" mowers, 1-Billy Goat Force 13HP, 3- BP blowers, 3-trimmers, 1-edger, 2-chainsaws plus gas cans and other misc. gear.

I know a 24' would probably be better but I have found a great deal on this 20 footer.

2. 01thump

01thump LawnSite Member
    from orlando

Do you own a tape measure ?

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

What are you carrying all that in now? Just mark out an 8.5x20 area on the ground and line up the gear.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. K&L Landscaping

Thanks for your overwhelming knowledge and contribution to this thread, much appreciated!

5. K&L Landscaping

Well, I'm not carrying all of it at once at the moment. I'm in a position now where I do need to carry all of it. I put it all in my dad's 24' car hauler and had around 4.5-5' left over. However, his trailer is a flat front and not a V-Nose. I'm thinking I just need to pass on this 20' and get a 24' or maybe even a 26' but I do have some tight places that it will be a challenge to maneuver such a large trailer.

6. 01thump

01thump LawnSite Member
    from orlando

Sorry i just can not figure out why someone would post a question like this...come on...if you cant figure out how much trailer you need for the stuff you own maybe you should not be towing anything in the first place..not trying to come off like a smart butt but please use common sense..

7. K&L Landscaping

Well you did come off like a smart butt. Seems to be typical of the new crowd around here. Good rule of thumb, if you can't contribute something positive keep it to yourself.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

He just needed 10 posts so he can have PM'ing privilege's.:usflag:

9. 01thump

01thump LawnSite Member
    from orlando

I did contribute i asked if you have a tape measure....post # 11..waaahooo look at me go!!!

10. K&L Landscaping

Haha...could be. I'm just over all of the negative BS that has become the norm around here. We used to have (and still do to some extent) some great, knowledgeable guys around here that you could really learn from. Now, a good portion of the responses are the typical one line drivel like what was written above.
    Posted via Mobile Device