Can I Get Some Serious Numbers Here?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Mar 3, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a call today to go give an estimate for a mulch job and i desperately need alittle help here if anyone wouldnt mind. Their is 13 different places that need to be mulched from flower beds to trees to a fish pond.I did all the math and its a total of 3207 sq ft which i figure to be around 20.5 yards of mulch at 2 inches {which is all they want do to the fact they have 2'' down already from last year yet}
    Their was no changing their minds they only want it 2" deep of black mulch which i can get at 22$ per yard.Now along with this they also asked me to rototill the mulch beds { with my mantis} before adding the mulch.Now obviously i wont do this till their plants come up so as to avoid ripping them out.
    Anyway with these #'s and the rototilling what would you guys price this job at? also how many hrs would you think? Their are 3 tree's at 19 sqft each and one giant flower bed alone is 1155 sq ft the rest is different sizes.Now i am thinking something in the range of 1200-1400$ am i anywhere close?

2. bigw

No one has a number or to for this estimate?

3. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

that sounds ok to me because only$ 451 is materials.so at least $700 four your labor.i can't say how long it will take because u didn't say anything about help

4. bigw

lol what help its all me!!

5. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

your numbers looked good I figured what i would charge and i came up with $1,300

6. bigw

what did you base the hrly at?

7. Weekes

Weekes LawnSite Member

Not sure about how long either; but rate sounds right I am about $65 per yard, delivered installed.

I'm guessing one heck of a long day would be possible.

8. bigw

I was thinking about just adding $8.00 for the rototilling to my 60.00 per yard fee and making it 68.00 total per yrd which would be 1394.00 is that too much?

9. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

that would be a fair price.

10. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

$65.00 per yard for the mulch & may be 200 for the tilling.