1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

can i have a card

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Big Bad Bob, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

thanx for all the replies.
    JustALawnGuy, i appreciate the fact that you have plenty of work. i have lots of work but there is time in my schedule for more. you see, i'm greedy. :waving: and i'm still in the process of culling.
    i think the idea of attempting to "hook the fish" at the time of giving the card, is what i'm lacking in these encounters. i will start keeping a notebook with the cards so i can get their contact info. i guess the problem is that i'm not showing enough interest. we are never really off duty are we? :laugh:

2. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Gang,
    I'm a big beleiver in handing out cards.
    I print my own so I can make up cards for my people to handout as well. Just change the name etc.

Color is important for professional look and easier for future clients to recall.

We post them on bulletin boards at business places like hardware stores, garden centers. resturants and equipment dealers.

If you want people to remember you, help them! I carry cards in my truck for related businesses, so if I don't do "mowing" I give them a mowing guys card etc.
    I like to promote related professions and they do the same for me.

And yes I have givin competitor's cards of I don't like to those "pain in the A**" clients I don't want.

Have a great holiday season!

3. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

You will be surprised on how long some people will hold onto a card, I had a guy call me 2 yrs later and said remember me I stopped you one time when you were cutting a lawn... Usally if I have time I tell them estimates are free give me your address and I'll stop by tomorrow