Can i have your attention for a sec?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vipermanz, Aug 6, 2005.

1. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Some of you may have read the thread in the off topic forum about my recent troubles with my job. Basically i was promised a second chance and i am being ignored instead, Look at my off topic thread for more details on it. But really i need you guys help the most, I'm not asking for anything of monetary value, just your signature. http://www.petitiononline.com/mowerjob/petition.html I would really appreciate some people signing this and helping a fellow lawn guy out.
    Yes i know the odds are that this post will disapeer or get moved itself but i just really need the support right now and you all are like my family.

thanks for your time
    joey :)

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Joey, looks like I was the first to sign (other than yourself). :) that motor is still here and it has your name on it whenever I get around to pulling it.

~Eric

3. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

what did you do?

4. vipermanz

^ Nothing, that's the confusing part. honestly i quit beforehand on a tip that my boss's job was in question because one day i grossed more sales than he did and he was questioned by his boss. I was told face to face with witnesses that i could come back, but i am trying to go back and i am being ignored like you wouldn't believe..

thanks
    joey

5. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

A petition is a hell of a lot more likely to get them to take a restraining order against you than it is to get that job back!

If you want the job back, talk to the boss in person. If he doesn't re-hire you, you must understand that we are entering the off season in the green industry, and you should, no you must, *move on* and find another job!

Clearly, you are spending too much time worrying about the old job at Advance. You can't change the past, you must put it behind you.

Get out of the house, find another job, *Move On* with your life! The holiday season is fast approaching, check retail and department stores - it's their busiest season!

Get busy!

6. vipermanz

i'm beginning to think you all are right. i'm trying my best to get it over with.

7. jtrice11

jtrice11 LawnSite Senior Member

well, you are learning a tough life lesson at a young age, its the old cliche' "life isn't fair". Sounds like your are getting railroaded, you may have to suck it up and try and work somewhere else. It happened to me at my corporate job, it was depressing and tough, but eventually you just gotta pull yourself up by your boot straps and forge ahead.

8. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

These guys are all right.... move on.

And it is a good lesson....despite what happens to you about getting a job back or not, please remember that when you work in a relatively small company (unlike IBM) then people take things personally. It was a mistake to turn in your resignation based on what you thoufght rather than hard evidence, but no matter what, when you left it sounds like they moved on mentally. They are just putting you off so you'll go away.

Find another place and try to stay away from the rumor mill...you lose in the end --gossip is never good. And what about the person who told you all the bunk in the beginning??? Thats not a tip. Good luck to you in any case, but no matter what, you should have a heart to heart with your boss... tell him the truth....people respect honesty, and if they still dont want you, at least you walk away feeling good and they respect you for the honesty. The worlds a small place.... your rep is everything. payup

9. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Joey - Think of this as an opportunity. You can't control what they do at Advance, so don't worry about it.