Can I Ignore a Forum?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by BeachysLawn, Oct 7, 2012.

1. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Is there anyway to ignore specific forums? Specifically the Politics one? :hammerhead: I already know who I am voting for and I'm tired of having to sort out the endless threads about the newest political hype while looking through the days posts

2. Kkane97

Kkane97 LawnSite Senior Member

Don't read it?

3. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Easy if you browse by forum. I however like to use the New Posts button that brings up all threads with new posts since I have been gone. I was wondering the same thing about hiding posts from certain forums.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Just ignore it if you don't like it...I use the new posts function and I only click what I want to read...it's usually pretty easy to tell a political thread.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I second hiding the forum as well.

6. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

On the new post page, in the far right hand column it states what forum the thread is in.

7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

you can do what some have already suggested or send me an email if you have further questions - mike@mooserivermedia.com

8. BeachysLawn

BeachysLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I use the new posts function and just typically skip over the political stuff, I just thought there might be a way of simply "unsubscribing' from seeing a forum in that list. If there isn't, its no big deal.

9. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Same here. No biggie thought there might be an option.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

You can't see the subforum on mobile. Plus they sometimes put dumb titles that you can't really tell are going to go political.

Would be a cool feature to add in future upgrades
    Posted via Mobile Device