"can i just pay up front, for the whole year?"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Mar 8, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

how many customers have asked this? last year i had one, and today i had another. she said, "well, i don't like having to pay bills every month, can i just pay the total up front?" i'm like , "well.........ok." btw, i'm 5 for 5 this year so far on estimates/signing. that's a seasonal gross of over $10,000 :cool2: :cool2:

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

If you are landing 100% of all your estimates, then you are bidding too cheap that's my opinion.
    "Eric" lands all of his estimates too, what does that tell you???? :dizzy:

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

listen baby, comming from a lady who gives free leaf cleanup, just to gain clientelle, i'm not in the least bit offended. the reason for my success has nothing to do with price. it's all in the presentation. btw, 10 grand...isn't that about your annual sales? my competitors are bidding this same work for around 20% cheaper. i sell "packages " baby, and i present them well. for $9.99, i'd be glad to send you my procedure info.

4. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

gather 'round the campfire boys and girls, it's story time with Booby! :D

5. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Im curious to know if Major is buying Redhawk mowers...i doubt it very much. Gedd I wouldnt be bashing anyones income knowing the fact you have admitted to buying 2nd and 3rd tier equipment and trucks just to save a few bucks.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I would never accept a year in advance...then I can't get anything for double cuts when we do them. Just my opinion.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

oh ya, you got me pegged well. even on that 10 grand, I was able to foot you a loan for your door hangers right? ;)

8. packerbacker

Exactly and what happens if it needs a bagging or the customer wants other stuff done. Your locked in already. Bad business practice in the case of mowing. Fertilizing is a different story on the other hand.

9. packerbacker

If thats the case, im running low on beer money ;)

10. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one that does it, but it's father in-law one price for everything family special! It's good to get a little cash flow stimulus going in late winter, although the snow has been keeping it green enough. I'm not really comfortable with it for the reasons mentioned above and because if for some reason I no longer continue at some point in the season I don't want to owe anyone squat. Client could also move, etc. etc. One or two isn't a bad idea, but beyond that there is too much that could get complicated.