1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can I keep properties green without liquid fertilizer but only using granular?!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TreffertLawnWrx, Sep 4, 2003.

1. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

I am putting in a new bid for fertilizer and was wondering if this can be done. Seems like everyone now days is using liquid applications. Thanks!!
  2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Granular is the only true slow release fertilizer product that I know of and use. Been using granulars 27 years.
  3. PhrankW

PhrankW LawnSite Member

The short answer to your question is "yes". Granular quality is just as good as liquid. We formulate and blend both liquid and granular fertilizers here at our plant. They both are available in quick and slow release. Personally I prefer the granular to the liquid any day. Here are just a few reasons:

1. Granular looks friendlier to the environmentalist neighbors who think you are poisoning their children and water.
    2. Granular is less affected by wind.
    3. If you are in a traffic accident and your tank spills then expect the HAZMAT teams to be called in and enjoy the clean up fees. If the granular bags spill then pick up a broom and sweep away.
    4. ItÂ’s much easier to maneuver a spreader around a property instead of pulling a hose.
    5. Equipement cost. A good spreader will cost you $200 - $300. A spray rig will be several thousands of dollars.
  4. TreffertLawnWrx

TreffertLawnWrx LawnSite Senior Member

thanks guys!