Can I make a door hanger?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawncare3, Feb 25, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a limited budget for advertising this year (about $120) I am wondering if it would look bad if I took a flier and put a slit in it for hanging it on a door? I don't want it to look bad and I am planning on getting paper in the price of $120. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, Thanks,
    Chris

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I just roll up the flier and put a rubber band around it then around the door knob or handle.

I think these stay in place better than a door hanger with the slit .

5 cents a copy, probably a penny a piece for the rubber bands.

I have gotten positve comments on these.

3. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

It may be purely coincidental (due to other factors) but i have received better results with a full page flier rolled and hung on a door knob. Costing at about $0.05 each on colored paper and B&W print.

Delivery will cost you the same no matter which method you use.
    With a $120 budget - depending on your target audience size i would probably use the rolled method.

Are you putting these out yourself, i would assume so with that budget - if not make sure you factor that into the cost.

_______

However if you are trying to only target a small number < 1,000 then you might be able to get away with the door hangers, Barely.

4. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

CHEAP DOOR HANGERS - AS YOU NEED THEM

Go to a "paper supply" company. Buy the pre-cut door hangers (3 up on 8 1/2 x 11). Measure each and do the layout yourself (3-up on 8 1/2 x 11) and take them to Kinkos' or whoever you have and let them run as many copies as you need and cut them.

I pay $18 for 250 blanks (which = 750 hangers)
    copies at Kinko's .045 each
    cuts $1.00 each

Total for 750 hangers=
    blanks $18.00
    250 copies $11.25
    cuts $2.00

Total $31.25

C-H-E-A-P

otherwise check Door Hangers Direct

5. bmrdude

bmrdude LawnSite Member

Come up with an advertisement document (Word). Have it printed (black ink on colored paper) by a local print shop (PIP, Kinko's, DQP, etc...), then insert them into plastic door-hanger bags. The bags keep the insert from getting soaked by rain and are easy to install on door-knobs. I've delivered about 600 of these by foot in local neighborhoods and gotten back about ten responses for mowing, and about 16 for snow removal. Total cost: around $75.00. plus my time delivering.

I've included an attachment for my Word document advertisement as an example.

Good luck!

Attached Files: