Can I post a pic of my lawn for ideas?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KathysLGC, Feb 26, 2004.

1. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure if it's ok to do so i'll ask first. I want to do something to our new house to make it look good. there are alot of exspensive homes near me and I get looked at alot while using my snow thrower on my drive way. I'm not sure why alot of the poeple around here have big house, real nice landscaped lawns but choose to shovel their drive ways when it snows....

I got out of the buisiness last year due to many changes in my life and I am getting ready to start back up for 2005 or maybe even this winter with snow plowing.

I want to take this summer to fix up my place. I already ordered two weeping willows (we have wet lands) and some ever greens for some privacy but I want some ideas on what else to get and where to put it. I want to do a bird bath and feeder with a bench some where so we can sit and watch the birds. i want a few more flower beds ect... I don't have a set budget as this is going to be a long project for me but I don't just have money lying around to dump on my lawn.

Not sure what type of grass is there now but the previous owner took real good care of it and we moved in, in October and it looked good and full.

Thanks
    Edgar

2. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not? Dont see any reason not to do so LOL:p

3. KathysLGC

i just want to make sure I wont get flamed.

4. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Post it. MOST of us are here to give advice. There are always those trying to prove that they are better then you, but most of us are just here to help & learn.

5. KathysLGC

Do you guys know if these are salvageable? they look pretty bad
    [​IMG]

I have two of these near my front steps in this same condition.

6. KathysLGC

Try again

[​IMG]

7. KathysLGC

Ok I hate web shots!!!!!
    Let me look for another pic hosting site and I'll repost

8. KathysLGC

Got it now!!!! Took me a while to figure it out

front yard 1.jpg

9. KathysLGC

Here is another one

front yard 2.jpg

10. KathysLGC

Here is a farther away view of them. If there not going to make it any ideas on what to put in there place that will look good?

front yard 3.jpg