Can I Put a Stator on this Engine?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by atrak99, May 27, 2008.

1. atrak99

atrak99 LawnSite Member

Hello
    What's involved in putting a stator ring on a FB460V-KS01 motor? I bought the motor as a replacement, but need juice to power the clutch on my 52' hydro walk behind, and was wondering how to, what parts are involved, and if it can be done.

2. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of mower?? Do you need regulated or unregulated (depends on mower manufacturer as to how wiring is set up) That will determine if you need voltage regulator. Gonna need a flywheel with magnets also. Might be farther ahead getting correct eng. You'll easily have $300.00 in parts to do it, unless you can use parts off engine you pulled off unit. Don't remembeer if those older Kaws had the mounting bosses for the stator. may want to pull cover and flywheel and check.

3. atrak99

atrak99 LawnSite Member

Thanks Sharpcut
    The mower is a SCAG, and I don't have the old engine. My mower guy has the machine now. He got stuck when he didn't see any clutch wires coming off of the engine. -Pulled the flywheel and didn't find no stator! Turns out the replacement engine was for a belt driven unit as mine is a hydro w/ elec clutch. I'm about $300 in right now. eng: $150 welding cracks: $25 clutch $40 Labor: ? he'll prob charge me $100

:cry:

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag used a voltage regulator with a capacitor. You would need the setup for a voltage regulator then.