1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can I put taller tires on my w/b for more speed?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by shearbolt, Nov 22, 2001.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

Does Exmark sell any larger tires for their metro's. Can I put a different pulley on ?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Shear bolt,

Thanks for posting the question.

Unfortunately we do not offer a larger drive tire or a different pulley for the Metro. Current forward ground speed is now 6.2 MPH. How much faster would you like to see out of your metro? It may be something we need to take a look at if demand is high enough.

3. deason

deason LawnSite Member

I too have a Metro and would like more options when it comes to ground speed with this machine. I have a few lawns where I can untilize 5th gear and the machine runs well. But, on the other 80% I have to drop back to 4th due to terrain and other obsticals. Having said that, I notice that between 4th and 5th there is quite a speed gap. It would be nice if there was a "6th"speed here to reduce the speed gap between the 2 or push the high gear faster.

Other than that, exceptional machine. :D
  4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

All good points guys,

We are constantly looking for ways to improve our products and enjoy the feedback.

With current technology the best way to meet your requirements might be to go with a hydro. The hydros also will have better traction on hills, positive reverse, better performance in wet conditions and greater reliability.