can i run all two cycle's on 32:1

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bill Davis, Apr 26, 2002.

1. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I have shidaiwa trimmers and Sthil Blowers and one new two cycle snapper puch mower. I noticed after mixing all my 2 cycle gas at 32:1 that i have no top end power in my blowers or trimmers. there was even a little oil spitting out the exhaust on my trimmers. Should i just make different cans for all my equipment. This will just be a big hassle so that is why I am trying to stay away from it. Have a good one, Bill D.

2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

With a good synthetic you are suppose to be able to run at 50:1, however I run all our equipment a 40:1 with ProGuard. 32:1 is probably why you have no power and a spitting problem. I would also suggest checking your exhaust ports for carbon build up, this will occur when running to much oil mix and will effect power and top end speed.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

According to both my Redmax and Stihl books it says 50:1 mixture.

32:1 could be damaging you motors due to lack of lubrication. It would also make it have a lack of power.

4. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

The reason that i did this in the first place was because my mechanic said it would simlify things and wouldn't hurt anything. I guess ill switch back and see if it solves anything. Thanks for the quick responses. have a good one, bill

5. Robert O'Hern

Robert O'Hern LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Wouldn't 32:1 provide more lubrication than 50:1, therefore not being a problem of lack of lubrication. Also, is the mixture ratio a product of the oil itself or the equipment you are using? In other words echo oil is mixed 50:1 where ryobi is 32:1 and therefore, either is acceptable in your equipment.

6. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

what does the manual say?????? 32:1 is a fatter mix than 50:1

7. jdjoe_97

jdjoe_97 LawnSite Member

Hey guys I use a product called No Smoke 2 cycle oil. It mixes with either a 1gal. dose or 2.5 gal dose and it works with all two cycle engines. I have ran it in 4 weedeaters, lawnboys (6.5 hp Duraforce) and chainsaws and no problems six years and going strong. I love it. Takes all the guess out of it. Joe

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Just use pro mix or another multi-ratio oil. You can run 32:1, 40:1 and 50:1 all out of the same can.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I run AMSOIL 80:1 this year, and previously ran ECHO 50:1. I use(d) both in the Lawnboys that call for 32:1 no problems, less smoke and more power. Want an oily mix, my old Poulan Chainsaw calls for 16:1......Guess what it gets!

;)

10. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

I am still running an old echo trimmer that was supposed to use 32 to 1 and all these years I have used 50 to 1. It is 15 years old.