1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can I run Double Blades on LZ HP 52"?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Organic-man, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Organic-man

Organic-man LawnSite Member

I am looking for advice on double blades. I am taking over quite a few lawns formerly done with a leading brand commercial mower, for the reason they never did a decent job mulching even at a higher blade-tip speed. Can I put doubles on my Lazer Z HP. My goal is to completely outperform the leading competition with the best combination of speed and quality. I would like to prove the superiority of my mower over these other mowers. I need to eliminate the need to go over a lawn twice when the grass is very thick.
    What do you think? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    I was told by some that I could burn out the clutch, but I thought it was a 200 ft-lb clutch and my 23 hp Kohler engine only cranks out about 35 ft lbs.
  2. Organic-man

Organic-man LawnSite Member

Are there such things as a flat blade for mulching. It would cut down on the wind resistance normally caused by a double. Come on guys, somebody must have a solution.
  3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor