1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

can i run doubles without changing bolts?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by M RASCOE&SONS, Nov 20, 2005.

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

can i run doubles on my 2004 exmarks without changing the bolts?they both are 60 inch lazer z's with liquidcooled 27hp kawasakis.thanks for your help
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

You don't need longer ones on Dixie Choppers but I don't know about Exmarks.
    You can ask here; http://www.exmark.com/contactus.asp Or post in the Commercial Mowing section.

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks rob.by the way it only cost me $93 bucks on friday to have carb rebuilt and the debris loader ran mint! thanks for your help
  4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Anytime :)
  5. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have adjustment washer stacks on the spindle, just remove one washer per spindle and add the blade. If no washers and you have the through bolt type the bolt should go all the way through the nut with extra blade installed. If the blade bolts through the bottom with a short bolt, stack the blades and measure how much bolt is left. You should have 1 1/2 x the bolt diameter bolt length available to thread into spindle.
  6. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

You do not need to change the blade bolts to run double blades on the lazer. I've got a 2004 60" lazer with an air cooled 27hp Kohler on it and I run doubles a lot and have never had any problems with it. I have to engage the blades at a slightly higher RPM is the only difference. I haven't tried running doubles with the UV yet- afraid it might take too much power away or burn up the clutch.