Can I see your most effective flyers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Precision Lawns, May 24, 2005.

1. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

We're trying to come up with a new summer flyer to pick up some more accounts, and would like to see what works for you guys. We had a lot of success with our pre-season flyer, but it's not really what we're looking for this time around (it is kind of wordy - we want this one to be more eye-catching). Anyone care to post examples of your flyers? I promise we won't steal anything, just looking for ideas that work. Thanks!

2. 1BadHawk

1BadHawk LawnSite Member

Ive tried several different layouts, colors, black and white, and Ive found that its not necessarily what it looks like, but more importantly, the timing of when you put them out.

Sure, a printed flyer is better then a hand written one, but simplicity I think is important. People dont want to read a lot of stuff. Keep it short, and simple. Large fonts, easy to ready, simple graphic or two, perhaps a brief list of services you offer, and a way to contact you.

What IVe started doing and I think it works well, is instead of flyers, I use my business card, which has my services listed. People are more apt to hold onto a business card then a piece of paper. To make deliver easier, I buy the do it yourself magnets at office depot, and make magnetic cards. Then , when I or my partner have time, we drive through certain neghborhoods, and stick them onto the mailboxes. Ive had a larger number of people call with my business card then my flyers, even weeks later.

This is just my experience. Good luck.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -