1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

can i seed then put down dinmension later. i'm having problems

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grass disaster, Apr 16, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

boy am i having bad luck trying to get grass to grow in a couple spots. last fall i had reseeded some areas that were dug up from the telephone company. i had it growing very nicely everything looked good.

now the spots are totally brown. you can def tell where i seeded. i'm not sure if it froze out or what. i don't think they will come back. i used per rye and Kentucky blue Scott's seed, not the cheap stuff.

can i reseed and hope we get some warm weather so it can germinate. then treat my whole yard with dimension?
  2. Lawncop26

Lawncop26 LawnSite Member

I think where the telephone company did their work, they put the dirt which was dug out on top and vice/versa with the topsoil when they filled in the area. My suggestion would to topdress the areas after a aerate to amend the soil. If you dont want to topdress with premimum blend type soil, one with compost and topsoil mixed, try peatmoss. Good luck.
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

try top dress, good seed, fert and yes, you most certainly can use dimension sigle app rate product later after you have mowed it twice or so. says it right on the label!