Can I spray 1 gal/min out of spacesaver?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pilgrims' Pride, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I'm sure if I had time I could do a search and find the answer but I need to get the family ready for church in a few and dont have time.

My question is a stated can I spray 1 gal/min 1 gal per thousand sqft out of the spacesaver?

I know how to calibrate and how to mix for the proper application but how well will it work? I will be using a chemlawn gun with a blue tip (1.5 gal)
    Do they even make a 1 gal tip?

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

You sure can.
  3. somo1

somo1 LawnSite Member

Yes, they make a 1gal. tip. Call Westheffer and order one. You may be able to flow 1gal/min out of you 1.5gal. tip. Use a bucket and stop watch to calibrate. Depending on the pressure and stream flow will determine what your flow rate is. Just because the tip is 1.5gal. doesn't mean that is what you are getting per min. I liked a stream that had a good pattern but wasn't strong enough to have alot of drift. Bucket check and see to be sure. Good luck.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

You may already be doing that--unless you walk really slowly. At an easy pace you will cover about 1300 sqft per minute. Use a stop watch--determine how many sqft per minute you actually cover. Calibrate accordingly.