Can I use pictures from Lawnsite???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Let it Grow, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

What's the rule on using pictures from Lawnsite? I'd like to use some for a website, but I don't want to be taking other people's stuff. I'll have you all take a look when I get it done, and give me a critique.
  2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say if you are going to be using other people's pictures then u should just send them a email and then if they want you to then they can just send you written permission. That's all i would care about. Just ask if they say no then ask someone else. :)
  3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Ask. I have a few from others, mainly showing how we blow dirt or who the aeravator works, all with permision
  4. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you for asking first about this. There's another thread right now about another LSer that has posted a picture(s?) of Eric's (ELM) on their web site. That is truly despicable as noted in the thread. I can't believe how many different people have done this now.
  5. Let it Grow

Last week I downloaded a few pictures and I didn't keep track of where I got them, so I'm going to try and find where I get them but if you see your picture on my site and want me to take it down, then just let me know I will gladly do it. I did not claim any of them as being mine, I just wanted to spruce up my website with some good pictures.
    I'd appreciate it if you guys would take a look at my site and tell me what you think.
  6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great EXCEPT for the owner making a monkey face in the picture. Other then that all looks good.

The ONLY reason i don't like the monkey pic because it looks UNPROFESSIONAL IMHO.

7. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

Let it Grow,

send and email to, tell him what pictures you want to post if the pictures belong to, if the pictures belong to another member email that member and request permission.

Also, if you are given permission, give credit to who owns the pictures, don't claim others work as your own.

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How Do you Get Strips Like that with Push Mowers?

John. LOL
  9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats a good question. I was wondering the same. Those look like 60" stripes to me.
  10. Let it Grow

Ha, I said, I don't claim these pictures as mine, I simply wanted some pictures to spruce up my site a little!!! I'll replace them with my own as soon as I get some, but they will have to do for now.