Can Liquid Pre M be applied with a Z-Spray or boom sprayer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CharlieBingo, Mar 15, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering can I, or do I need a Tank sprayer with a chemlawn type gun?
  2. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it can be sprayed with a boom sprayer. It will turn everything yellow. I am spraying pre-emerge right now with a boom sprayer I made for a walker. I am using Dimension which is about $35/acre, but it also kills small crab grass if it is coming up.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

If you're doing residential, the gun would be better for all those tight spots. If you're doing big fields, use a boom sprayer. Dragging that hose around can be rough in large open areas.
  4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I was going to post this same question. I have a z spray and was concerned that applying only 1 gallon of mixture per thousand square feet would not be enough carrier for the product to be effective. I apply a granular fert with dimension in the early spring but would love to be able to apply the liquid for the 2nd application of dimension 6 weeks later. It is unnecessary to apply granular fertilizer in late spring which is what I would have to apply if I wanted to apply a granular dimension as they don't offer a straight granular product. I had been applying straight team for the 2nd ap., however, I would like to get away from team if I could. If anyone has applied liquid dimension with their z spray or similiar unit, please let us know what kind of results you got, and at what rate of mixture per thousand did you apply?

Great question Bingo.
  5. Triple R

Triple R LawnSite Member

I have applied all my herbicides at 1gal/k for years with excellent results. With preemergent herbicides volume can be very low since the product has to be watered into the soil. Check the product label for spray volume, I believe I have seen some that are less than 10 gal/acre.
  6. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I will do post work at 5 gal/acre.
  7. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

You can get granular Dimension from Lesco and others in a 0-0-7. That way you can use the tank on your Z-Spray for broadleaf spray and only spray as needed.