can my cpa have the interview with the irs

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grass disaster, Feb 3, 2005.

1. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Wow did you know the guy? and how did he come up with the prices? Did he do a good job for you?
  2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I pay $75 per month, includes eveything even monthly profit loss statements, payroll, quarterlies and end of the year taxes.
  3. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

I did some work for a cpa do a few hours work for her every year and she does my taxes for me. I even get a few bucks on top of the deal. A win win situation.
  4. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

Now thats reasonable to me 75 a month for everything. Do you have employees? even if not that is still good.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Some tip I read somewhere once said, if you do get the dreaded "face-to-face" audit, schedule your meeting as late in the day on a Friday as possible, the theory being that the IRS guy wants to get done and enjoy his weekend just like anyone else. Hopefully they wouldn't dig as deep as they would for a 9am Monday appointment.
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That or there will just be a continuance come Monday morning. :help:

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Just tell them you can ONLY meet at 4pm on Fridays... :rolleyes:

I don't remember much from the article, other than that tidbit and that it was written by a former IRS agent. Point was, don't evade the IRS, but you can do things like that to tip the scales in your favor.

Oh yeah, also, don't ever volunteer any info. Too many folks get nervous, try to be accomodating and cough up info when they should have kept their mouths shut.