Can Shin trimmer convert to brush cutter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Oct 15, 2003.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Anyone know if my Shindaiwa T230 string trimmer can accept a brush cutter head?
    According to thier site, only the T230X model can. What's the difference?

Thanks.

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

you can put a blade on the t230

3. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I'm not familiar with the model (I use stihl) but as long as it's a straight shaft you could use it.

4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

not sure if this will help, but i went to my local dealer looking for a brush cutter attachment for my redmax trimmer and he sold me a shin attachment. they are universal, so i'm sure it will fit any shin model. i just can't find my tool to get the friggin head off my trimmer

5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

my t261Bs and T230 can

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

The T230 can also be used with a hedge trimmer attachment, correct? Does anyone know the cost for one? I have a T230, and love the weight, but it lacks a bit in power for me. I would like to dedicate the T230 as a hedge trimmer if possible, and use the others for trimming.

Just got a 260 yesterday from Ebay. Perfect balance of weight and power. Love it. Will keep that and my 2 T270's until they implode.

7. Jlwnsrvce

Jlwnsrvce LawnSite Member

Yep,I have the T2500 and I put a Stihl brush cutter on mine. T230 is the same setup. The website also doesnt mention that the chain saw attachment & the articulating hedge trimmer attachment will fit the T2500, but it does.

8. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

elephantnest,
    i paid 239.00 for mu shin, hedge trimmer (just the trimmer end not the power unit) i put it on a t230 , it also fits my kawasaki trimmers, and now i use it on my shin t2500.

9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Thanks.

Plenty of power for a hedge trimmer, I assume? With the T230 I mean.

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Expert Lawns-a screwdriver should do fine to stick in that slot and spin the head off.

ElephatNest-I will be getting a 230 which I bought on ebay today--who sold it to you (jewelsandtols697?)

My question here was gonna be this....I will be making this 230 a backup unit (its in rough shape i think) but would a blade be able to be put on this one...

I think its only 1 model up from the echo 210 trimmer.....

Man...now I got all three 210,230 and 260:dizzy: