can somebody make me a website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by nlmct, Dec 27, 2013.

1. nlmct

nlmct LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

i need help or advice or someone that can make me a website everyone that ive asked to make one says theyll do it but never does.... any help ???

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I had mine done through elance
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

There are a lot if people who can make a website- but what is your budget?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. nlmct

from ct

what the basic website cost idk 150

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I paid 250 for a template
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. nlmct

from ct

woow where did you get your template

7. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

that seems like alot to me as well, i got mine for 30 bucks. but i guess you get what you pay for, but mine works for now for the price.

8. nlmct

from ct

where did you get your template ????

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

You pretty much have 3 options:

- I would take the $150 and use the highly thought of squarespace.com. Knowing what I know, you're better off using a good DIY site builder (GoDaddy is not one of those), learning the basics of SEO (via Moz or Google's beginners guide), and using the best pictures you have available, than you probably are of the next two options.

- $150 will get you a template and web hosting, that you're going to have to work with, from either a code standpoint, or learning Wordpress, as well as the hosting side of things. squarespace, which is an all in one, will allow you to pretty much upload your pics and content and you're off and running. Wordpress requires a learning curve. Learning HTML to try and work with an html template, requires even more of one.

- $150, paid to an actual human being, to build you a site will probably not go very well. That puts you in the realm of hiring someone to mow your lawn for $5/week. You may be able to find someone to do it, but I don't recommend it.

Beyond that, hit getlisted.org and start claiming all of the off-site directory listings you can. Google/Yahoo/Bing Local Pages will be of great value to you and are completely free.

YankeeC|ipper likes this.
  10. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member