Can someone draw up a virtual design for this?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by EagleLandscape, Nov 24, 2003.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

What the topic says. Here's the picture. Wanted to impress a client of mine. I want to put in a flower bed around these two trees. Simple stack-stone design. soil mix, and then mulch. probably plant bulbs for the spring.

p1010010---before.jpg

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

yep. It is a minimum of 250 for design work. pm me for better details and I will let you know where to send the check.payup

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck digging into the roots. That little wall you plan too build will eventually shift when the roots of those huge trees continue to grow.

Just a thought.

zed

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Jwingfield2k,

How often do you submit design image proposals to your customers and how important do you think it plays a role in landing the job?

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Personally i think computer images are a crock because they look nothing like the final product. However alot of people are wanting it so I migh thave to start offering it in the future but really hate to.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

If you are going to do a simple stacked stone bed, there is no need to dig into the tree roots, is there?Shouldn't shift anywhere either.Those trees look like they are as big as they will ever get.I' d use either fieldstone or thin flagstone to build it up. Lay in a layer of landscape fabric over the inside of the bed area up to the top rock layer, glue in place, cap with final layers of stone.Then fill it with a good planting mix, and plant away.You will probably need 1000-1500# of stone, fabric, and about 1 ton of planting mix.That'll be $ 125.00 consultation fee, please.payup LOL

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I can honestly say I have sold 100 percent of my install jobs I have submitted a photo imaged design to. If you have a decent program, and more importantly know how to use it, the results can be pretty amazing. I posted a few design pics in the Landscape forum a few weeks back, check them out and you will see. I set up an initial consult with the customer, and if they are interested, I do a design. They are free (well not really:cool: ) if I do the work.

8. Mr. Von

Mr. Von LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Sorry its a little dark, but thought it might help you.

aut_0001.jpg

9. zedosix

10. zedosix

I think what Mr. Von has just shown us is ideal for that application. This is the route I would take.

zed