1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can Someone ID These Mowers

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Amazon2k, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Amazon2k

Amazon2k LawnSite Member

Hello All,

I was hoping someone could tell me the model number on the 1st mower and any other info on either of the two. I'd like to get a $ value on both and an owners manual so I can start tuning them properly. I'm just getting started in the industry and this is what I've been given.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  2. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

there should be a plate on the frame giving you the model number and serial number
  3. Amazon2k

Amazon2k LawnSite Member

There both 60 miles from me at the moment. I got nothing when I googled the second mower info. I'll keep searching.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

All of the snapper manuals are on their website. If you own that cruiser enjoy it. If you have not bought it yet, do some research, they did not get very good reviews back when they were being built. As I recall, they were very difficult to keep in a straight line. I think your snapper picture is a Z1804K.
    here is a link to almost what you have
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  5. Amazon2k

Amazon2k LawnSite Member

Got it! Thanks sehitchman.
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I don't have any specific info about those two machines. However, I believe the ZTR is a model that was built, under contract, for Snapper, by the makers of today's "Country Clipper" machines.
    The walkbehind, if it is a Snapper, was likely built by FD Kees, for Snapper.
    As mentioned, look around on the frames for a model/SN plate.
  7. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

that zero turn looks alot like a country clipper. that walk behind isnt super old, forgot the model, but thats what snapper had before this line of walk behinds
  8. Amazon2k

Amazon2k LawnSite Member

Thanks Exmarkboy13. I was hoping to here that about the walk behind. It looks to be in descent shape and I'm going to restore it either way. If the model number or name comes to mind, please let me know.