1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can someone please measure for me??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rclay11541, Mar 5, 2006.

1. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

I got a 12 foot trailer and i currently have 1 rider, was wondering if i could fit two on there. I know it will be tight if it can happen. Both my machines are exmarks (the second one i dont have yet thats why im asking) and i was wondering if you put them as tight as posible together if they will fit.

Basicly what im asking is if someone has two exmark or toro riders out there to please put them ass to elbow and meashure.

Thankyou very much,

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a scag and a John Deere rider that I used to haul on a 12 foot trailer, takes about 11 foot 6 inches. If in doubt measure the mower and then double the length. Or put the xmark on the trailer and mark it and then pull the mower down to that mark and see if the gate will latch.

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure, I could barely fit my two gravelys on a 16' trailer.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I could get 2 60" Dixies on my old 12' trailer but they are only 75" long each. The front castors on one would fit outside of the rear bumper of the other. You'll probably have to just try it out and see.
  5. Darr57

Darr57 LawnSite Member

I have a 12 foot trailer and 2 eXmark Lasers 60" they fit with about a half inch to spare. Can be a real b***h opening the gate if the ebrake aren't working good.
  6. drumbo

drumbo LawnSite Senior Member

Won't fit...I have two Exmark 60"s and an Exmark WB 48". The riders are 7ft long and even when you "puzzle" them one in-front of the other, they only save about a foot. Exmark makes a long mower and you will need to get a longer trailer.

Trust me. I used a 12 footer last year and besides, the weight would be a bit close for the trailer. You will probably need at least a 16 to be comfortable.

7. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scag Turf Tiger and a Scag Sabertooth Tiger and it takes almost all the space I have on my 16 ft trailer Next one I build will be a 18 or 20 ft That way I will have room for my toro 21" push mower
  8. rodneyskip

rodneyskip LawnSite Member
    from KY

Just buy a JD quiktrak 667 and it will easily fit.
  9. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't think it will work.even if it did, i don't think i would want that much work on the back of the trailer