****Can someone Please Post ******

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Bobcat s250 NY, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

Can you guys help me out and post some pics of your compacted Base before the sand is down. If possible some pictures of the base with some sand down on screed bars. Thank you very much in advance guys.. Good Luck in 2007:weightlifter: . :usflag: :usflag:

2. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

here is a driveway we did last season. this wasn't final grade but it was after compacting one of the lifts. may i ask what you are looking for?

job pics 017.jpg

3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Schit mckee! Looks like you get some big jobs!! Any finish pics of that job?

4. McKeeLand

That job is on hold until the customer makes up their mind about what paver they want to use, they want a slab that looks like blue stone but cant find one that is vehicular rated. i had them talked into techo Athena but then they wanted to wait until the spring. that's ok its all time and material. you should see the pool deck. i didn't take any pics of it yeat. the whole job will be close to 4000sf when its done.

5. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Is that your equipment in the picture Mckee? What kind of skid steer is that?
    Almost looks like an ASV, but I cant tell if its tracked or not.

I thought only the Asphalt guys could afford compaction equipment like that:cool2:

6. McKeeLand

That is a ASV 4810 that we rented last year for that job becsue of all of the sand. i liked it so much that we are trying to work out a deal with the rental co. to buy it. hopefully we will have it next month. the roller we rented for that job too because it was so big. that was a nice machine. not ready to buy one of those yet.

7. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

Thanks for the pic. What i am looking for is what your baes look like when they are going down. It takes me so long to get these thinks flat. When i put my base down its always wavy. It then takes so long to get it flat, then tamp again , then rake so on and so forth. From your picture it looks pretty flat after your tamp. What type of rake do you guys use? Thanks again

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I do have pics of exactly what you're lookin for.

They are not readily available.

These pics are a few years old, and back then I didnt have my pics put on CD.

I can get them for you.

It will take time, as I'll have to scan them into the computer, then upload them only photobucket.

So if you can hang in there for a day or two - i'll do it.

If something comes up where you don't need my pics, please post here, so I don't waste my time!

9. Bobcat s250 NY

Bobcat s250 NY Banned
    from texas

DVS that would be great. Thank you very much. Do you have any idea why its getting wavy on me? Possibly 2 much base at once? I try to do 2 to 3 inch lifts. I see alot of guys using asphalt rakes, i have been using regular grading rakes.. Which do u think is better. Are there any places on the web that whows like step by step how to properly lay a base? Thanks again :walking:

10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

bobcat it takes alot of time to learn how to prep base correctly. Starting out i riged up some states with a hook welded up. On stright patios and walks i would set the screed pipes with the stakes and laser and screed the roadbase. This got the base perfect every time.

Now on walkways, patios, etc i can almost back drag with my skid steer and get the base almost perfect.

It took me two years to get it down. It does not happen over night. You got to make sure that your raking to move material. Don't rake like your raking leaves!

If i get a 20x40 rectangle patio i'd still set up my stakes and screed the base. It takes all of 2 minutes to set the stakes. You screed it onces and the base is perfect. No muliple checks.

Do a search. Another member uses the same concept and posted pics around this time last year.