Can someone recommend a cordless blower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by s-one, Dec 8, 2007.

1. s-one

s-one LawnSite Member
    from SoCal

Can you all recommend a cordless blower (non-backpack type) that I could use? Also.. if possible, is there like a set such as cordless blower, grass edger, hedge trimmer that I could interchange the batteries?

Much thanks!
    s-one

2. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Uh......You're joking, right?

:confused:

( Please say yes.)

3. s-one

s-one LawnSite Member
    from SoCal

Hi Marcos. Thanks for responding. I'm not quite sure I understand why this would be a concern regarding me wondering if there was a such thing as interchangeable batteries? I'm looking into purchasing a cordless blower.. but if I could use the same batteries in a trimmer or edger.. why would that be a problem?

Regards,
    s-one

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

You're talking about a leaf blower? How powerful would a battery leaf blower be?? It would seem to me you would need a pretty big, heavy battery to get anywhere near the power of gas blowers. And how long would the battery last? I would think you would use up a battery within 1/2 hour or so. I don't think I've seen a battery powered leaf blower, but that is keeping in mind I only work with gas powered commercial equipment.

Have you looked at gas powered hand blowers? The newest commercial ones are surprisingly powerful, but they still don't hold a candle to a commercial gas powered backpack blower.

Actually, now that I think about it, I have seen battery powered blowers, I think Black & Decker made something called "Quickbroom" or similar. It was more for blowing off a driveway or blowing out a garage, not really intended for blowing leaves off a lawn.

5. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

6. mark_the_psycho

mark_the_psycho LawnSite Member

Electric!? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Serioulsly, you gotta go gas :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

7. s-one

s-one LawnSite Member
    from SoCal

Hi Tvov and Traman. Thanks for responding. Yea I'm looking to see if there are such things in the commercial industries. I don't know.. that is why I'm asking you all since you all have much experience in the industry. Thank you all kindly for the info.

s-one

8. Marcos

Yeah...I had no idea he was a homeowner in the wrong forum...sorry s-one!
    (next time scroll to the bottom and look for the 'homeowner assistance' tab)

But nonetheless, the B&D stuff looks like it might hold up for a mom & pop 'postage stamp' yard for a couple years, and then die. :cry:

9. s-one

s-one LawnSite Member
    from SoCal

Great thanks Marcos. :)

10. Marcos

If you're thinking about this from an environmentalist's angle, you know you don't have to run 2-cycle stuff anywhere near full throttle to do the job?
    (At least most of the time)

Go to the Kawasaki site and look at their stuff.
    Their stuff is among the quietest 2 cycle stuff out there, yet still has the power.