1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can someone tell me why?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mow It All, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Mow It All

Mow It All LawnSite Member

I had posted yesterday about door hangers and buisness cards. People did not know where to go so I recomended someone and my post got deleted. I see websites and names dropped all over the site. I was trying to help people out by giving them someone that does quality work at a great price.......How do i go about recomending him without my posts getting deleted????????? There should be alot more posts deleted cause of the same thing
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I understand where you are coming from, but the way it works is like this.
    If I am personally affliated with or friends with someone and I start to advertise for them here on lawnsite trying to get work for them, then more than likely the post will be removed. Otherwise what lawnsite will become is a free advertising campaign to get work for our friends. We do this because we have paying sponsors of this site, and it is only fair to them to curb "the plugs" from other companies and businesses and/or friends that aren't paying.
    Maybe you could contact your friend and direct him to lawnsite and see if he would be interested in becoming a sponsor? Just something to think about.
  3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

So by that, any post which recommends J-Thomas.com, Mowmore.com, expressmowerparts.com and any of the others that are frequently mentioned, but not sponsors, will now be deleted unless they become paying sponsors of the site?
  4. Mow It All

I dont think it should be but from what i am getting YES.....There are no sponsors offering buisness cards, decals, door hangers, flyers ect ect.....Well if anyone needs the name of a good guy who does top quality work at a very cheap rate just message me and i can forward his info over to you along with samples.....For the short time my post was up everyone seemed to love his work. Thanks
  5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

the idea behind this is pretty simple. If i have a friend that designs t-shirts, and I give her a plug every couple of weeks, my opinion is biased based upon my friendship to her. If out of 5,000 posts, I make a post that says, "i order blades from j-thomas", (just as an example), I am not leading anyone to j-thomas based upon my friendship to them. Sponsors ARE listed as sponsors here, so every member knows they help support this site. If every member posted about 3 friends, one that did logos, one that sold vehicle tires, and one that was a dealer, this board would be flooded with advertisements, all well intentioned, to get their friends more business. We welcome anyone that would like to freely market their services here to become a sponsor.
  6. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

I agree this shouldn't become post after post of advertisements, thats what's great about the site. But for those looking to help their friends, is there a section on the site that lists advertising prices? Ive seen people offer services through the message boards, but there isn't a link or button on the top for them. So im assuming that there are different types of sponsors/adverisers. I'm just curious how it works. This way "Mow It All" could tell his friend, "hey maybe you should advertise here" and it would benefit everyone.
  7. Mow It All

Im sorry to open such a can of worms, this is the last thing I will sa on this matter I promise.....3 different people asked where to get door hangers, and buisness cards, I simply anwsered, someone else told them to go to vistaprint.com and that was ok, what is the difference?????? Guess thats that, so to the guys who asked where to get them, check the advertisers maybe Redmax or Scag can help you out
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know,... because they don't show on the top of the page, and I just get a blank page when I click on the sponsors tab, I have NO idea who the sponsors even are on here, and quite frankly, don't really care. It isn't the sponsors that made this site...it is the members, - first. It IS pretty silly if that's the way it is. For years we've been helping each other out by providing information on sites and quality connections to keep us up and running proficiently. As I look back, I'm pretty sure I posted on a thread within the last few days by someone who was looking for a factory bagger unit for their Exmark, but was looking for something less expensive. I recommended JThomas, as I have dozens of times before, because we all know how well they are to work with.
  9. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

agrees w/ Runner !!! this site, I thought was designed to help and inform people in or wanting to get in the lawncare industry !!
  10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

And don't take me wrong...I'm not saying this in an angry way or anything...just as a logical reasoning.