Can this be right?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisionlawn, Feb 3, 2003.

1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Low Hour Mower every thing works. 14 HP pressure oiled with filter OHV motor. 5 gallon fuel tank Zero turning radius chariot sulky 5 forward speeds 1 reverse (will mow 2" cut in third which is a "quick jog". High vacuum blades and mulching kit( $290.00 option) = little cleanup. Anti scalping deck will mow up to a 45 degree side slope.
    Price $500
    and is the high vacuum blades and mulching kit worth it?
    By the way it has a 48" deck

i-2.jpg

2. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I think it would be alright for a back-up mower.I think you could always get 500 back out of it.I really dont see how you could loose.:)

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

So what is the question exactly? I've got one similar to it, mine has a 38" deck but same unit and engine. I have the mulch kit as well but haven't got to try it. Got it before xmas and needs some work before the blades turn on. Are you asking if it can really hold a 45 degree slope? It holds slopes better than belt drives but not as good as a hydro IMO. It is heavier than a fixed deck belt drive especially in front because of the floating deck equipment on it. It never wheelies with a sulky even going up a steep hill. If you're thinking about buying it I wouldn't if I were you because although it has good points, the deck design is poor and the transmission is expensive and the grips are hard on your hands. I do like the tranny compared to a belt drive, because no belts to adjust or slip and it is strong on hills, and it will be fine but since he's been using a castered sulky on it like that he probably has worn the tranny alot more than just walking or using a trailing sulky like I have. The clutches alone are said to be $900 and the whole tranny around $1600. It has a fuel pump also which is a neat feature.
    Eric

feb02528.jpg

4. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Someone already posted this one from ebay. Wasn't $500 the starting bid?

5. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

Did they say that it runs?:)

6. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

It might be used for a backup, but id shop around bet you can find a nicer machine out there.. Marks Mowing Service

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Save your money, buy another brand. My buddy had one just like that one. When he decided to sell I tried it out with the thoughts of a spare mower. I didn't even bother to finish the whole lawn with it, it was so bad.

Gene

8. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well, with all that in mind, I will spend the extra money and possibly get a scag i was looking at. Like its said "You get what you pay for".

9. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

it may be a good buy if you hae a good service company near by and as a backup

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

45 degree slope...I don't think so:angry: What BS.

I might have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.