Can this WB pull a Sulke???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tn Lawn Man, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

32" Toro Proline with a 12.5 hp Kawasaki.

Can this effectively pull a sulke?

Thanks

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try it, it wll be borderline but heck i started with a 12 horse rider.

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

With only a 32" deck why not Walk ?

4. ACTON'S Lawn Care

ACTON'S Lawn Care LawnSite Member

i used to have the same mower when i did a bunch of residential back yards, i had a two wheeled sulke on it, and it worked great.. i found that it bogged down alot in the spring when the grass was thick when it had the mulching kit on it which was on it when i bought it new, but after i took it off i loved it.

5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Wright makes a 32 inch stander :hammerhead:

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 36" exmark with a 12.5 kawi with a velke pro 1. It pulls pretty good but in thicker conditions, I walk because the extra weight from my fat a$$ bogs it down a bit.

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That 12.5 kawi is okay for medium growth grass but not enough on thick 2 week kind-a- lawn. If you weigh over 165#, it is not gonna give quality cut that you looking for if pulling sulky. You can use as specific area like slope or gated yard, but not as daily bread & butter. It is not enough power.

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Here's the reply you've been looking for. YES. I have a 32 Bob-Cat with a 12 hp Briggs and it will pull my big ass around with Jungle Wheels. I used it for 2 seasons, now it's a trim mower/backup for my other wb. It's nice to have a spare set of Jungle Wheels too.
    See, If the going gets tough you adjust. You adjust the speed or cutting height just as you would anything else.

9. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all of the replies.

I have the opportunity to purchase one at a steal of a deal. It is only going to be used on small gated back yards and hillsides.

However, I am lazy and only want it if it will pull a sulky. NO :walking: for me is I can help it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ooh

10. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO ive never seen a lawn cut with a small walkbehind and a sulky that didnt look like crap. Am I the only one that has noticed this ?