Can we ever park the d--- mowers!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Nov 19, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Anybody else about sick to death of sitting on a mower by about now?? I buzzed my own property Sunday and I can see it greening up and growing with this warm wet weather. A number of commercial properties are shooting up dandy heads and greening up after the few hard frosts we've had. I thought I had made my last pass on a number of them last week.....but noooooo ...looks like they'll need nipped again....man I'm tired of it ...give it a rest Mother Nature ..if it keeps up we'll be able to wear a white beard and red suit while mowing

2. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Got dough? Will mow!

I just got a call for a new mowing customer this week?!!!

I'll mow in January if the demand is there.

3. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

GarPA,

I feel ya. These properties (commercial) are wanting mowed and not charged any extra either. My contract are cutting from April through October and they are not wanting to be billed any more. Even though we put them on a 30 cut rotation in their contract. It puts a little friction on the realationship sometimes. But with the season still half going and needing cut, it's been a challenge..

4. GarPA

from PA

ok ...how about ..."Got enough dough, will not mow...if you need service, please call Albemarle All Seasons Inc."....lol

I need to move onto Xmas decorations next week...

5. GarPA

from PA

Good point you make Blades....a couple of my bigger commerical customers were crying the blues when they got Octobers bill. None of them thought we would be mowing EVERY SINGLE WEEK since April...that on top of their snowplow costs for last year and they have blown thru property maintenance budgets big time for 2003.

I can feel their pain....but if they dont want it mowed, all they have to do is call me. In the contract, I leave it up to them how often them want mowed past Nov 15...usually commerical stuff is done here by then...residential mowing can go into Thanksgiving most years...of course last year winter came in early November.

I'm just tired of it right now...and yes I love my job

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I'm still mowing 30 a week solo in Texas, gotta love this weather. still mowing in shorts. $$$

7. Jimbo

Jimbo LawnSite Bronze Member

:angry: nlkdsflknsdlkgldslgdl f nbld l!!!!!!!! If I could mow in shorts I wouldnt be complaining one bit!

Jimbo

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Today I am done.

It has been non stop since March, the best year ever but the most challenging also. I will finish winterizing all my equipment by Friday afternoon and thats it until next March.

No complaints, I learned alot and made money too. God has been good to us. Now its time to start working on my winter coat.

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Gar,

If you don't want the green, I may send a crew your way for a day to take it:D

10. GarPA

from PA

Oh dont get me wrong, I luvvvvv the green as much as you do....I just need to change gears and get the snow equipment ready and the darn Xmas dec's done...we've all been chasing our tails this year and I sure as heck by now thought I could have a "normal" work schedule without the pressure...but "normal" doesn't seem to exist anymore...