1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

can we make a politics forum

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by bdemir, May 25, 2004.

1. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

i like the idea of pulling up the off topic forum and reading what people have that is interesting to me but lately it seems all i ever see on here is politics.

Maybe we can make a section dedicated to it so i dont have to scroll through evertytime to find something notable worth reading that is something other that politics. I look at the off topic section as something off topic not a political debating extravaganza.

Am i the only one?

2. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

can't you tell from the title whether it's political or not?
  3. bdemir

yes but i dont want to sort through 2/3 of the messages to find something that is not.
  4. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Just seems like more work for admin to me ... moving political posts from off-topic to political forum.. etc., etc.,

I don't think we should make a separate forum for all the different kinds of discussions that could fall under a off-topic discussion forum (IMO) ... but, that's up to Sean. I guess we could make a sub forum off the off-topic and persons who want to use it could ... similar to the 'Maintenance & Renovation' forum within the Landscape Forum.
  5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It is truly a shame that so few people actually care what their gov't does.
    I think EVERY person alive should educate themselves on politics...............
    But then again,what do I know????
  6. bdemir

I do care but i dont want to read it in my off topic section. Caring and endless debate over and over is another topic in itself.
  7. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

MY?? off topic section??

I don't read any real support for your idea or your off topic section.
  8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I know that sometimes the political discussions can dominate the off topic section, but this is an election year. Also, the politics of this country ultimately does have an effect on the users of this site because we are business owners. I am not against the idea of creating a "ploitical forum" but it would have to be understood by all that use the site that off topic is for one thing and politics is for another.

Maybe someone should create a poll in the off topic forum and see what the "regulars" of that forum want, and then we can move on from there.
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

It wont work.
    We already have a couple of political forums on here and you can take a nap in there sometimes lol
    Most people want attention to their threads and post that a mass audience brings. The mass audience is usually in the main OT and thats where people want to be.
    We all know anybody can make a thread about anything in the main OT--anytime. Bobby is about the only one non political who can make a thread most everyone is interested in and therefore it stays at the top until its talked to death lol
  10. indmowing

indmowing LawnSite Member

lol, so true, the guy has a talent! :)