can we use confront in new jersey

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbygedd, Jan 9, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

can we still use confront?

2. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

It is my understanding that Confront has been banned for residential use, but can still be used on commercial properties, no matter where you live.

3. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobbygedd,
    Contact the new jersey dept. of enviormental protection.
    They will update you on the usage of clopyralid in 2004 season.

Pete D.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

actually pete, the lady there told me she would personally see to it that i would be notified if there was a restriction. but i was just asking to see if anyone heard anything. i hope there isn't a restriction, i absolutely love the product

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

My understanding from a PA perspective is that you can continue to use Confront as long as it is labelled for residential turf. So go out and buy those last few bottles before the labels are changed. I stockpiled enough to get me thru at least this coming season if not longer if I budget it. ;)

6. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

I already quit using confront, just mix quicksilver with lesco threeway and I think that you'll like the results.

7. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobbygedd,
    Contact DowAgro Sciences LLC and ask them for the 2004 product label and see if they know of any new restrictions in new jersey.

Kind Regards,
    Pete D.

8. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

http://www.dowagro.com/label/product_select.asp

Heres the lable, All the chemical companys list the lables and MSD sheets online. Theres 2 countys in NY state that you cant use it in at all.

Id be very cafeful using a Danger lable product.