1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Can you believe this guy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KINGMADE, Apr 15, 2011.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

We need a like button for posts on this site!

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Whole lot better than a half the amount mistake!

3. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

In Texas a post dated check means jack sh(t. People do this to me in my other biz and I deposit it that day and the funds are there if they are in their account.

4. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

Most of the time they go through without notice. If it were for 10,000 it might catch someones attention.

5. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

I heard on a consumer radio show that bank processing centers don't even look at the date. If he doesn't have the cash it will bounce, but otherwise it's a non-issue.

Yet another example of why I don't do one-time jobs, especially if they're all neglected. Just a high probability of it not going right. Either it takes too long because you rushed the quote and missed some pita thing, they don't pay, they slow pay, they complain because their 18" tall grass doesn't look as good as the neighbor's meticulously maintained lawn when you're done $35 worth of mowing on it, you hit a ground rod destroying a set of blades, you take out some unmulched perinneal flowers buried in some old ladies' over grown grass and she won't pay, lots can happen.

6. LGL

LGL LawnSite Member

Possible, but I doubt it. People can be very rude and inconsiderate, I am willing to bet he did it on purpose.

I would say give it a second try to see how it goes and just bounce him if he gets out of line again.

7. VLS Landscaping

VLS Landscaping LawnSite Member

I am laughing (not at any of you) but at the truth of just how funny assumed mistakes, or intended actions of others can be. Thrifty people do weird things. I wonder what 35 dollars is to the man that wrote that check!?

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

That depends on your bank. I have heard the same thing but my bank definitely allows it.

9. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

With Bank of America when you deposit at the ATM you have the option of having the check images printed on the receipt.

10. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Most banks won't "cash" a "business" check IF it is made out to a business name. The OP did not allude to that.