Can you buy a can of Chinch Bugs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KINGjosh, Aug 5, 2005.

1. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

This lady is really pissing me off. Lying right to my face, about her payment and so on. She owes $235. She looks extremely good, and I think she used that to distract me from the truth.
  2. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

Josh, you poor boy.

Is she an older woman?
  3. KINGjosh

Yah she is, I am gonna get that collection agency thing online to mail her something. and if that dont work I might pull a BG.
  4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Why waste the money paying a collection agency when you can take her to small claims court and have her pay you in full plus all court costs. Besides, most settle for the full amount so they don't have to go to court.
  5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

around here they dont even pay after losing in court. they usually dont even show up in court. you win by default, but while youre in court they pack up and move. collection agencies around here dont care about you if you only have a few bad accounts, they want a doctor with hundreds of accounts. plus they want 40%. ive only had one court no show pay. the ones that have appeared in court and lost have paid... exept for a lawyer i sued over $150. he's appealing right now. judge already laughed at him once for an hour. 75% that i take to court dont show up or pay. they just move. and cops around here are lazy pot smoking mother f****** and dont arrest these b******* after court orders warrants. I've collected from a few out of court this past week by knocking on doors with my dad in the evenings. the ones that were home paid. get a bunch of your buddys together and go to her door about dark. if she still dont pay just hang out on the street in front of her house. if youre on the street youre on public property and cops cant do anything if lady calls. then every few minutes ring doorbell trying to collect. do it all night long. keep them awake. harrass them as much as possible. also around here theres a $1000 fine for littering on a HWY. all you got to do is call a phone # and report a license plate #. that b**** will pay... or go many nights without sleep. also in future, use contracts. im having to start using them. also thanks to bobby for all the advice he has given me
  6. green-go

green-go LawnSite Member

If she won't 'pay' up, I think you know where to go from here... :cool2: :blob4:
  7. KINGjosh

You know whats funny, When she first asked me to cut her lawn she said she lived by herself and could not cut it herself. 2 weeks later I show up to cut and her Husband showd up at the door. That in itself is pretty strange.I think she is a conniving little b!tch.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh man, LOL, do you know how to force a moment?... It might be doable, depends if she gives you the opening. At least half the time, if they're conniving/scamming, the opening comes around (the part where you say 'You're a clever little devil, you')... But, you gotta know how to do it.
    One quick note: DON'T do anything if she has a moment, lol, she IS after all, married.

Another good one would be to try and take her train of thought, you ever done that one? By the way, this one can mess you up too, lol. You take her train of thought and know what to say while you have it, I can fairly guarantee she won't mess with you no more.

Psychological warfare Rules for collections, lol.

Personally, I much prefer the standard methods of letters and pictures, much easier on the spirit, mind, and body ... But sometimes one just tempts me a bit too far.
  9. KINGjosh

What are you saying? That I should set her up?
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I like his grocery store tactic myself.