Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PetalsandPines, Apr 8, 2001.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

NEED I SAY ANYMORE?? This should spark a ton of horror stories with this subject!!
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

No. You need not -LOL.
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You can, but it's harder on equipment and harder to trim. I won't mow a lawn unless it's each week. I've done it when I started out, but never again.
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

You can wait 2 weeks to cut centipede, maybe not Yankee grass!
  5. at least that is better than once a month. or even better yet. every 10 days. once a month beats on the machines but you can do whenever you want to. every 10 days is monday then wednesday the week after, then friday, then monday? it sux.
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've got some common areas that I cut every other week. It's not that bad. The areas aren't fertilized. Most of the time they can be cut at full speed.
  7. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Alot of lawns down here are cut on an every two week schedule...
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Biweekly customers are not the way to go. We inform everyone now how we cut.

Our first year we did take on the biweeklys, but no more.
    We now have 3 customers left that are every 14 days, but their yards are such slow growing yards, a weekly cut would just not be warranted.

Biweekly accounts just chew up your time when you could be focusing on good customers that want their yard looking good.

I am basing this on the types of grass we cut here in PA; Maybe in other parts of the U.S. you can get away with a biweekly, but that would mean you would need to pick up that many more accounts to equal out.
  9. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Or I could cut it once a year but I won't.

Or I could say- once a week is 30, twice a month is 120 and once a year is 990$
  10. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

We will go to every two weeks on some accounts when it gets hot and nothing is growing....unless they water or have a sprinkler system.....otherwise we are mowing dust around here come june and july!