1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can you find the house? Before and After

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Aug 14, 2005.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Just a little tree trimming.

2. climber

climber LawnSite Member

Did you do the trimming or did u have an arborist do it for you? And do you have pics of the cut??? Thx Dan
  3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I will get some close ups of tree when I get back out to that area.
  4. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the customer probably only wanted a trimming, but if it were my house I would've taken the whole tree out. You did a good job doing what the customer asked though. :)
  5. turfmgr

turfmgr LawnSite Member

Found It!!!!
  6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

South, Nice work. I have a question what model STIHL saw do I see?

7. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

looks real good. If it were me, I would have pruned the top of the tree so its all nice and uniform. But some people like the natural look, so to each his own.
  8. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is more than one "right" way to trim a tree. What you did made a great improvement in the customers front yard. The main thing is proper pruning technique! NEVER TOP....NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Huge mistake to top a tree. My opinion--nice job. A good pic would be how the cuts were done up close and personal.
    Buddy Rodgers
    Certified Kansas Arborist since 1982
  9. climber

climber LawnSite Member

The saw looks like an 026, 028, or 029. Thats just what i can see from that angle.
  10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I know I read this everywhere, yet I see topped trees all the time around here. Especially in the spring, you almost can't drive through a neighborhood without seeing one (a neighbor just got theirs done the other day).

So, what's so bad about it, and if it's so bad, why is it done all the time????