1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can you find the zebra?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grandview (2006), Jun 15, 2008.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

you're yard looks nice gv.
  3. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Who needs a striping kit? Just let the homeowner run wild with a drop spreader!
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Zebra???? Looks more like a Watermelon!!!!!! How can you miss that bad????? I see this all the time in my area. I even have a mowing customer that does her own fert w/ a drop spreader and misses all the time.
  5. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Drop spreaders should require you have some sort of certification! :laugh:
  6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO! Why is it that homeowners cannot grasp the idea of checkerboarding the app at half the rate? Even with that, I doubt thos character could do it.... I hope he doesn't drive.
  7. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like some sort of crop circle. I doubt if this was made by a homeowner with a drop spreader. Notice the arcing and wide swooping curves. Some might even say cigar shaped impressions. The straight lines are obviously some sort of bar coding to assist in the landing of the mother ship. Can't believe you guys don't know this stuff. :laugh:
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'm seeing alot of that this year! I guess with the economy, many are "taking it into their own hands". They would rather spend rather spend 60 bucks on two bags of fertilizer, taking the time to go buy it, spending the gas, then dragging it home and spending the time spreading it, rather than spending 62 bucks to have it done for them (properly), and having ALL their weeds cleared up. I had a customer a few years back that did this to save some money. When I came in to do the nice green lawn next door, I saw his wife out there and asked her what happened. She said her husband decided t "take it on himself". I told her. "Well, one good thing about it..." She said. "What's that?"
    I said. "Atleast he got HALF of the yard done!":laugh:
  9. Tapr Lawn Care

Tapr Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I'm really glad I don't use a drop spreader haha
  10. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

They should not even sell drop spreaders. I've been fertilizing for 5 years and if I had to use one it would probably not look any better than the first picture.