Can you get a wright stander with a floating deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Apr 23, 2005.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Im gonna demo a wright stander before we purchase another mower. never tried a stander, we have 4 riders, 3 are turf tigers, ones an exmark lazer. the mower we are replacing is a 60 inch scag walkbehind. i really like the exmark turf tracer, but before i purchase a few people told me to try a stander. my quesiton is, can you get a floating adjustable deck on them? their website doesnt seem to show it. i know on the great danes you could, but i dont want to buy a deere.
  2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

no, they are all fixed decks
  3. mdb landscaping

ahhh man....i was afraid of that. ok....ill demo but i think the wright is out of the question then.
  4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Matt, what about Wrights Sentar? You can sit or stand with that one, and it has the floating deck.
  5. mdb landscaping

na i dont like the look of that machine. it looks wicked uncomfortable to me as well.
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

You're gonna pass on a machine because of the way it looks?
    I can tell you from my brief demo, that it's really comfortable. I'll even venture to say that it may be more comfortable then many regular sit down ZTR's.

The seat is nicely padded, and has a big suspension spring under it. Plus the seating position is such that your lower back won't be taking any hits. And if you know a big bump is coming, you can take your weight off with your legs, and let them take some of the shock instead of your lower back.

Give one a try if you get a chance.
  7. Spirit Lanwcare

Spirit Lanwcare LawnSite Member

It is wicked are correct!
  8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

What he said. I got a bad back. (really suck when your only 19) The sentar is the only ZTR I can ride for more than 2 hours. Try the sentar, you will like it.