Can you get your Dealer to Sell Tanaka?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tanaka, Jul 28, 2005.

?

Can you get your Dealer to sell Tanaka contest

1. Yes, I would be interested in winning FREE stuff!

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Screw you! Make your sales reps do their jobs!

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hello,
    I was just updating our Why Become a Tanaka Dealer page on our site and it got me thinking...Would lawnsite.com members be interested in getting FREE Stuff? (okay, stupid question)

But would lawnsite.com members be interested in getting free Tanaka accessories / other goodies by getting their local Dealer to become a Tanaka dealer? Of course, the dealer would get incentivized too as part of our New Dealer Program.

The more units you got him to take, the BETTER the FREE STUFF! I am thinking any Dealer that has not stocked (6 units min) for the last 2 years.

What do you guys think? Any salesmen out there? Please answer the poll

-MW

2. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer (Randy at Billings in Royal Oak, MI) says Tanaka owes me big time. :blob3:

They are pushing Tanaka stuff much more than before, they see how happy I was with the stuff. I ordered a Tan chainsaw, just from browsing your catalog, they loved it when it came in and keep ordering more.

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Ray,
    Thanks for all the hard work you do promoting Tanaka on the site. I have got to say you are the biggest PRO-TANAKA lawnsite.com member out there.

We'll hook you up. Send me a PM or email and we'll talk.

-MW

4. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer signed a deal with Stihl. My understanding is they cannot sell other brands that would compete with Stihl.
    I like the looks of your trimmers and may shop elsewhere to buy one.

5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Yeah, sounds like they went for 100% program. 100% good for the dealer, 100% bad for the landscaper.

If you need help in locating a Tanaka dealer or would like to demo some equipment, let me know.

-MW

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

One of the best dealers close to me sells a lot of Stihl, Redmax, Shindawa, and echo.
    They probably sell more Stihl than all others...mainly because of price I would guess. But then again, I own all Stihl trimmers and have got very good and longterm use from them.

But hey, make me an offer for a big bad A$$ brushcutter and we will see. I plan to get something with some major power pretty soon.

7. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

8. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

nobody around here stocks tanaka equipment. you also have a tough time getting parts , so i just went on line and found someone. to hell with the dealers if tanaka where smart they would sell on line from this site . no middleman.maybe save the guys a little money.i prefer to do all my business on line during my down time.what do you think.

9. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer already does. SDC in OKC.

10. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

There seems to be a divide between guys that absolutely must have dealer support and those like yourself who are DIY'ers. We hear comments from scapers who say, "My dealer is a nice guy, but I don't have the time to go through him."

We work hard to set up our dealers and throughout the country we have Tanaka dealers with over 20 years exp. selling and servicing our line. However, it is frustating for everyone when we hear, "I don't stock Tanaka, but I will service it"

-MW