Can you help me straighten out zero turn?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mopar92, May 29, 2008.

1. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

HI guys. hope all is well out there now that mowing season is on. Anyway, I traded a guy for a Husqvarna (please save me the negatives :) ) CZ4818 and it has an 18 HP Briggs. It runs well and cuts high grass very well for a non commercial mower. Anyway. If I am full sticks ahead, I have to pull the right stick back just about 1/4" to keep it straight, this is getting hard to draw straigh lines, though it's not too bad. Is there a way to adjust these? I have checked the air pressure and the frame is not bent. I have race cars and I am used to checking alignment and I am guessing it is just a small adjustment somewhere... thanks guys..

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Check to see if there is any linkage adjustment for the control arm. Could be a simple fix. Adjust as needed.

If there isn't any adjustment, just bend the arm into the correct position.

3. mopar92

mopar92 LawnSite Member

Bending the arm wont happen in the house hold! If you bend the arm, you now have two handles even, but you will still have to modulate the steering on that side... I was sure hopeful to hear it was something simple. Keith

4. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

There is an adjustment. Have your local dealer print it out for you.

There was also a whole slew of recall/rework/upgrade on the cables that control the drive system on these things. Definately consult your dealer.

And ask the guy if he had the upgrades done (and where), as the dealer will have a record of what was done.

5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Correct, it need's to have the tracking adjusted.

6. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i like my z to trak like that i hold one arm balls to the wall and steer with the other