1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Can you identify this older eXmark model?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Zen Lawn, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Zen Lawn

Zen Lawn LawnSite Member

Hello forum. I just started lawn care the beginning of April- I've been lurking on this forum just about every night since then.

I started with used residential equipment on Craigslist, and slowly started replacing them with used commercial equipment.

I bought this eXmark off of Craigslist for $400 last month and want to buy a bag and sulky for it.

Can anyone tell me what model this is? Could you tell me where to look on it to find production information?

James in Eugene, Oregon :waving:
  2. Zen Lawn

Zen Lawn LawnSite Member

Oops!! I guess posting pics might help

Just a sec... when I tried to post a pic (on my drive) I was prompted for a URL.
  3. Zen Lawn

Zen Lawn LawnSite Member

Here we go...

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't waste time with the bag as it will cost almost as much as the mower did, then if you ever go to sell the mower the bag is
    gone too because it won't transfer to another machine so unless you can find one used I wouldn't even bother...
    As for a sulky, seeing how these do transfer to any machine you might get in the future,
    they are not model specific so most any kind will do.

But you do need to find the model and serial number plate, it is a smallish rectangular aluminum plate that is either
    stamped or riveted onto the frame and they're usually located on the flat part of the back frame near the engine,
    that little plate will tell you more than anyone here can do with a picture.

The size of the plate is about 3-4 inches long by 1-2 inches high, plain aluminum, it should stand right out against that red deck.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  5. Zen Lawn

Zen Lawn LawnSite Member

topsites- Thank you so much for the info!

Guess I'll use it on the lawns that I don't need to bag.
  6. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

that looks like an old Metro
  7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

look on the flat part of the deck above the right rear tire. i've got a 2002 and it's definitely older than that If you find the serial # search for "exmark age by serial number" on this site and the Rep might be able to give you some info on it
  8. Zen Lawn

Zen Lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input, guys!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

i'm gonna say its an early metro, very early metro.

metro is the only line exmark made that i know of that was gear driven with a fixed deck.
  10. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

It's not a Metro. It is a Ranger late 80's early 90's. Get me the Mod and Ser #'s and I can tell you more.