Can you mod a Gator to fit on a toro super recycler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Freddy_Kruger, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

toro super recycler 20057 model.

If so what gator would be the best fit to start?

2. Rev. Crabgrass

Rev. Crabgrass LawnSite Member

You need to know the lenght and pilot hole size. Gator might already make one for that machine.

REV.

3. Freddy_Kruger

I thought Gator didn't do toro's?

After searching all over trying to buy gator on the Net, I found them in my local canadian tire store.:hammerhead:

I'm going to measure my toro blade or better yet take it right down there, thanks for the tip.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Why not use the toro atomic blade...same thing as a gator.

5. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

LandscapeMasterpieceGA LawnSite Member

I have an atomic blade on my Toro push and it mulches about 90% as well as my Gators.

6. Freddy_Kruger

Do those atomic mulch better than the standard toro blade? I mean enough to make it worth it?

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I have commented on this topic in the past. I do not have a Toro Recycler, but have a Toro ProLine. I tried mulching with a standard OEM blade with poor results. I bought an Atomic blade and it was worthless to mulch grass. It works fine for leaves, but not grass. Oh, it may mulch the clippings, but the quality of the cut is terrible! It leaves a rough cut surface, stringers, etc. The Atomic blade has very little lift. I think that is why the quality of cut is so lousy. But, a higher lift blade will keep the clippings under the deck longer, making "mush" of the clippings.

To me the choice is:
    (1) Low lift, poor cutting result, marginal mulching, highest capacity.
    (2) Moderate life (eg. OEM blade): better cutting result, marginal mulching, lesser capacity (holds clippings under deck longer.
    (3) High lift: Unable to use because it holds clippings too long under the mowing deck, no capacity to drop clippings out. P.S. Sure works great for bagging, though! But, that wasn't your question, I understand.

8. LandscapeMasterpieceGA

LandscapeMasterpieceGA LawnSite Member