can you over dilute liquid iron??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BryPaulD, Sep 18, 2004.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I was going to run about 3- 4 cups of liquid iron in a 15 gallon hopper to a spray gun. I wondered if you could put to much water in and the iron not work right?? Thank you :)

2. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

the simple answer to your question is yes you can over dilute any product to make it ineffective. However its impossible to tell if your 3-4 cup in 15 gal rig potion is over diluted or not strong enough? All depends on how your sprayer is calibrated!

3. BryPaulD

from MI

How it's calibrated??

4. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

how many square feet your tank will spray. is it a back pack or electric pump or what? need ot know how much ground your going to cover with that 15gal tank.

5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Calibration is the amount of liquid that is spraying out over a given area. Say you calibration is X, then you should use this much iron diluted into your 15 gallons and spray it over the area. If you spray on a certain setting but put too much iron down (leave the wand in one spot to long), it will also cause negative affects. You can always fill the tank with water and then know your calibration, spray a known area, record the results, and then members here will tell you what concentration of iron to use.

6. BryPaulD

from MI

I'll have to measure the lawn size, and then fiddle with smaller tips, and adjust the material flow to minimal. Then perform a "dry" run with water and see how far it takes me. I was trying the application with this machine.

http://www.o-geepaint.com/Sprayers/Tex.shtml#1500