Can You Please Forgive Me...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by procut, Jan 9, 2006.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Did a leaf clean-up for a regular customer back in November. Been a customer for i think three years, always payed promptly, gave tons of compliments, very nice person no problems ever. Anyways I send a bill for the clean-up the first of December. Due date comes and goes, no check. I didn't think much of it because she is such a propmt payer, and always so happy with everything. I figured invoice probably got lost in the mail, or perhapps never even got mailed first place. So on Jan. 1 I mail a new invoice. No late fee or anything. Check arrives the today along with a note reading.
    Andy,

I am so very sorry this payment is late, I misplaced your original invoice. Please accept my sincere apology, I hope that you can please forgive me. Thank you very much for all you have done. Look forward to hearing from you this spring.

2. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

not trying to be rude or stuff, but what do you want us to say?

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Good customer you have their. Glad that you are understanding in this situation as well.

4. procut

Just simply sharing a story. Making conversation I suppose.

5. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

sorry, i was rude, but it definitely sounds like you have a quality customer.

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We get the same but the question is always in my head did these customers forget:confused: .

7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

What he is posting is something that happenes so..
    so..so very rarely in this biz it's like an extinct life form or something.Customers almost NEVER apologize for sending in a late payment ,let alone hope you will accept the apology too!
    A rare prize is a customer like that
    Good for you,congradulations on a happy and satisfied customer!
    feels good sometimes not to have to be a bad guy to a late payer huh?

8. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

I'll get that every once in awhile also. Sometmes I'll get a call and they say they cant find their invoice. Mostly when it happens its a person who always pays on time, were all human and misplace things.

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure that customer gets the very best you have to offer. . .and never take those kind words for granted. . .

10. procut

Yes, it is very rare that something like this happens. I filed the note in my 'Customer Appreciation Letters' book.